Re: App Server Caching of Oracle Code

From: Valentin Minzatu <valentinminzatu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:07:52 -0000

On Jun 6, 11:27 am, "klabu" <k..._at_mailinator.com> wrote:
> 10gR2
> JBOSS 4.0.2
>
> Hi
> Can someone give me a short rundown about JBOSS caching of Oracle stored
> procedure calls ?
> e.g. If I, in PL/SQL pkg specification, make changes to the "specs" of the
> stored procedure,
> should JBOSS be bounced ?
>
> thanks

I am not sure whether I got your question right, but normally, if you change the specification of a package, then any session that had already used the package, prior to the change, will receive an error (only) the next time it makes a call to the package, stating that the state of the package has changed.

Some folks prefer to bounce the application server to avoid this kind of error. Received on Wed Jun 06 2007 - 11:07:52 CDT