Re: Cast from varchar2 to nvarchar2

From: <vyacheslav.vasylyev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 15:36:15 -0000

On Jun 4, 10:21 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> vyacheslav.vasyl..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> > I'm having a problem casting a column. I have something like this:
>
> > SELECT CAST(column1 AS nvarchar2(20)) FROM Table1
>
> > column1 is of type varchar2(20). Also, cannot cast numeric values to
> > nvarchar2. I'm running Oracle 8i.
>
> 8.1.5?
> 8.1.6?
> 8.1.7?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damor..._at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

Not sure what exact version is that, but I managed to cast it anyway. The statement to cast is:

SELECT translate(column1 using nchar_cs) FROM Table1

I'm not sure if it's standard oracle feature or it's custom solution used by our company, since I'm not Oracle expert.

Thanks for your posts anyway. Received on Tue Jun 05 2007 - 10:36:15 CDT