Kernel parameter recommendations for HP-UX 11.11 in regard to SGA size

From: Swoop <swoop_at_doesnotwork.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 20:01:12 +1000

I'm knew to HP-UX and was just after some advice in regards to some kernel parameters. I've done a fair bit of research but some of the things I've read seem to conflict and because lower versions of the OS have different settings and because the amount of RAM on the boxes (that they are configuring) differ it is hard to peg it down.

For example, a metalink document recommends setting the system buffer cache to a maximum of 128M but it says this for a low amount of RAM, however, it doesn't specify what it means by low :(

I'll be testing it out first on a test box.

2 processor box, HP-UX 11.11
4Gb RAM
Running 9.2.0.8
vxfs filesystem
Running four databases (largest is 30Gb, others are 2Gb) as a pure database server

Just wondering how others have configured the following parameters

bufpages
dbc_max_pct
dbc_min_pct
nbuf

in regards to system buffer cache? Received on Tue Jun 05 2007 - 05:01:12 CDT