Re: Oracle SQL PL/SQL developers required in Waterloo - Canada

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 14:08:17 -0700

On Jun 2, 12:21 pm, Barry Bulsara <bbulsar..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 2, 7:33 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
>
> > Tony_Miller wrote:
> > > Please move this to the databases.oracle.marketplace area. There you can
> > > advertise and look for new bodies..
>
> > I received a written apology and the OP pulled the post. Looks like a
> > reputable company trying to do the right thing. Too bad more are not
> > like that.
> > --
> > Daniel A. Morgan
> > University of Washington
> > damor..._at_x.washington.edu
> > (replace x with u to respond)
> > Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org
>
> This is fascinating. I use Google groups to read/post to the newsgroup
> and I noticed that the original post wasn't showing up. You said the
> OP pulled the post. How? Often I've made a typo and would like to have
> my posting pulled and then reposted but I didn't think groups worked
> like that.
> Thank you
> Barry

If you click on "more options" while logged in the same way you posted, there should be a remove link. Then it asks you if you want to remove it or not. Most posting tools allow cancellation one way or another. It is also possible to cancel other people's posts if you really dig into how it works, since there is no real strong identity determination.

Whether other hosts honor the cancel is another question. Some certainly don't, so you can't depend on it.

In the past, there have been cancelbot/repostbot wars.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Eh?  http://news.independent.co.uk/sci_tech/article2611757.ece#2007-06-04T00:00:25-00:00