Re: Tablespace temp is growing fast

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 08:51:05 -0700

RC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At my customer there is a problem with the Oracle8i database. At
> certain moment we saw that tablespace temp was growing 1,3 Mb per
> second. It growed 3Gb per dag, while there were no applicatoins
> attached to the database.
> Is there a way to find out which objects in the database is causing
> this growth?
>
> Thank you in advance, Roy

8i could be anything from 8.1.5.0 to 8.1.7.4. What version?

Is it a real temporary tablespace or a permanent tablespace being used as temp? Query dba_tablespaces and dba_data_files.

A temp space does not grow larger due to objects. It grows larger due to DML. What statements are responsible?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington