Re: Old ORACLE5 problem

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:45:53 +0200

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 21:24:26 +0200, "markecb" <makni_markecb_at_net.hr> wrote:

>After installing MS-DOS Oracle5 database I got message
>PME Service not avaliable
>What to do?

IIRC you need to run SQLPME.EXE prior to starting the database. You may need to configure extended or expanded memory in CONFIG.SYS using the EMM driver.
Just out of curiosity : why are you using a product that was desupported prior to the fall of the Iron Curtain? The export restrictions of the US against the Comecon where dropped a long time ago, weren't they?

Only the startup procedure using ior makes me shudder.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA