local copy of remote database -- how to solve this case?

From: T-BAG <T-BAG_at_prisonbreak.invalid.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 23:52:22 +0200

hello!

is it possible to create "simplified" local copy of the remote database in an automatic/semi-automatic way? I don't need triggers, user roles etc., just tables and indexes placed at two local tablespaces.

I am a beginner in databases and till now I only figured out how to copy data between two systems using SQLPlus COPY command.

I tried to use DBMS_METADATA packet but I hardly can make it working, and the second thing is the incompatibility: local database is version 10g, remote version 9.

To replicate remote structure locally I take the script for remote tables, modify tablespace names, and run it locally. It is time consuming (300 tables) and prone to my errors.

So, here is my question: is there a way to make it faster and better? no triggers, roles, etc. just tables and indexes mapped into two local tablespaces.

I would greatly appreciate your help and suggestions. any script example or solution will be helpful.

thanks,
T-BAG Received on Wed May 30 2007 - 16:52:22 CDT