Advanced queueing CPU consumption

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM-ME_at_not-at-verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 22:10:26 +0200 (CEST)

This is 10.2.0.3 database on Linux. My application developers have installed an application that utilizes advanced queueing and the CPU consumption skyrocketed. The 3 SQL statements consuming most CPU are all related to AQ. The "Streams AQ: waiting for messages in the queue" event surpasses even "SQL*Net mssage from client" and the database is spinning like crazy. Is anybody here aware of anything I can do to alleviate the burden to the CPU resources?

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com