Re: RMAN ADDING TO CATALOG FAILURE

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 30 May 2007 05:35:52 -0700

On 30 May, 11:15, chris b <chris.br..._at_providenthims.co.uk> wrote:
> My general goal is to duplicate a 10.2.0.3 DATABASE on server a to
> server b
>
> I am using a catalog on another server / I have executed a backup on
> server a & presented it to server b on a different drive, I have then
> tried to add backupset into the catalog ( command & errors included
> below )
>
> I am a local administrator on server b

[deletia]

Oracle recommends copying the backup pieces to a staging area on server A, e.g. I:\Oracle\stage.

Then create an identical staging are on server B.

set ORACLE_SID=<database_instance_on_host_B> rman target sys/<password>@<database on host A> auxiliary / RMAN> DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE HTH -g Received on Wed May 30 2007 - 07:35:52 CDT