Re: dbora not start automatically database

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 01:38:55 +0200

chijar schrieb:
> well...
> - David, the value of oracle_sid is the SID of my oracle database.
> - i will try to run as root: sh -x dbora start like Valentin says but
> the dbstart script is correct 'cause i can execute the dbstart and
> this start my services ok.
> - Frank, the location of my dbstart and dbshut files is correct, they
> are in /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin. And yes, i can use
> dbstart and dbshut too. And the values of the variables are:
>
> my bash_profile of oracle user is:

> # Get the aliases and functions
> if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
> . ~/.bashrc
> fi
>
> # User specific environment and startup programs
>
> PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin
>
> export PATH
> unset USERNAME
>
> # Oracle Settings
> TMP=/tmp; export TMP
> TMPDIR=$TMP; export TMPDIR
>
> ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle; export ORACLE_BASE
> ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/product/10.2.0/db_1; export ORACLE_HOME
> ORACLE_SID=ORAAPOLO; export ORACLE_SID
> ORACLE_TERM=xterm; export ORACLE_TERM
> PATH=/usr/sbin:$PATH; export PATH
> PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH; export PATH
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/lib:/usr/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/JRE:$ORACLE_HOME/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/jlib;
> export CLA
> #LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1; export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
>
> if [ $USER = "oracle" ]; then
> if [ $SHELL = "/bin/ksh" ]; then
> ulimit -p 16384
> ulimit -n 65536
> else
> ulimit -u 16384 -n 65536
> fi
> fi

> My LD_ASSUME_KERNEL is comment... that is wrong???
> Another idea????
>
> thanks
>

> On 29 mayo, 12:53, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> chijar wrote:
>>> dear all,
>>> Oracle db 10g r2 enterpise
>>> RHEL version 3.
>>> i have an error whendboraattempt to execute. That error is describe
>>> in system log in linux:
>>> My ORACLE_HOME and USER all are correct . But during boot time of pc
>>> it shows :
>>> "startingdbora: execvp no such file or directory"
>>> ...and my dbstart scriptnotexecute. And the code is:
>>> #!/bin/bash
>>> #
>>> # chkconfig: 35 99 10
>>> #
>>> # Set ORA_HOME to be equivalent to the $ORACLE_HOME
>>> # from which you wish to execute dbstart and dbshut;
>>> #
>>> # Set ORA_OWNER to the user id of the owner of the
>>> # Oracledatabasein ORA_HOME.
>>> #
>>> ORA_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1
>>> ORA_OWNER=oracle
> [...]

If i recall correctly, in your version the correct call to dbstart script will be dbstart $ORACLE_HOME. It will as well start listener, so no separated call to lsnrctl is needed.

Regarding LD_ASSUME_KERNEL - as of 10g this hack is no more needed, because oracle 10g uses nptl ( you can google on "ld_assume_kernel nptl oracle" to read more about subject)

Regarding your script - did you try to localize exactly which line causes the error? You either put the -x flag as suggested already or comment out subsequently lines of code till you catch your error.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Tue May 29 2007 - 18:38:55 CDT