Re: rman test restore

From: cptkirkh <khill_at_scic.com>
Date: 29 May 2007 08:54:32 -0700

On May 29, 10:21 am, EscVector <J..._at_webthere.com> wrote:
> On May 29, 9:37 am,cptkirkh<k..._at_scic.com> wrote:
>

> > On May 25, 5:27 pm, Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME...._at_verizon.net>
> > wrote:

> > > Parameter db_name must be the same for the source database ("target") and
> > > the clone ("auxiliary").
>
> > > --http://www.mladen-gogala.com
>
> > So can I jsut create a new DB on the the new server with the same name
> > as the old DB?
>
> short answer, yes.- Hide quoted text -

Ok with that in mind I have one more question. If the server I am using to do a test restore has a database with the same name and if there is an application on that server that connects to the production DB will the application be able to connect to the production DB after I create a DB by the same name? Received on Tue May 29 2007 - 10:54:32 CDT