Re: Comparison of Oracle commans Vs. SQL Server Commands

From: <euan.garden_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 May 2007 19:40:19 -0700

On May 27, 11:40 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> euan.gar..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> >> It is the web. If it is obsolete it is Microsoft's responsibility to
> >> update. As long as it is out there, on their URL, it is inaccurate.
> >> And it was inaccurate 7 years ago too.
> >> --
> >> Daniel A. Morgan
> >> University of Washington
> >> damor..._at_x.washington.edu
> >> (replace x with u to respond)
> >> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org-Hide quoted text -

> > Actually it should not be updated, this was a comparison of 2 older
> > products that was valid at the time(despite your comments), just
> > becauseSQL Serverhas shipped 2 full versions since then and Oracle
> > has shipped 3 full (and several r2/r3 type releases) since then does
> > not change that paper.
>

> > What is wrong in this case is that this reference is the one that
> > people hit when they search MSDN and its not clear how old the article
> > is. I've sent mail to some folks to see if they can get the 10g vs
> > SQL2005 paper that exists and the 5 daySQL Serverfor Oracle DBAs
> > class, to appear more prominently in the search lists.
>

> What is wrong is that the document was NEVER correct. Ever!
>

> Leaving it on the web just means more people read it which is the intent.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damor..._at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org- Hide quoted text -

Sigh.

Its not the intent, why would it be? Having a doc that compared SQL Server 2005 and Oracle 7 would look much better, why not replace it with that if there was something evil going on here?

Its there as a historical reference, nothing more Daniel, you can't buy SQL 7 any more, you can't get fullfillment for it and mainline support has ceased, what possible product/sales benefit is there for having this up there?

Pause and think before you send the next salvo at your foot. Received on Sun May 27 2007 - 21:40:19 CDT