rman test restore

From: cptkirkh <khill_at_scic.com>
Date: 25 May 2007 15:02:23 -0700

I have read the documentaton and I am still stuck. Here is what I have done so far.

  1. Rman target / nocatalog
  2. Startup nomount
  3. Set dbid to dbid of old database
  4. Set oracle_sid to sid of old database
  5. Restore spfile to pfile 'location of pfile' from 'location of autobackup file';
  6. Restore controlfile from 'location of autobackup file';
  7. Alter database mount

When I get to step 7 it tells that ora-01103: databse name 'old database name' in controlfile is not 'new database name' How can i get around this? Or better yet what book is this located in so i can do a test restore. Thanks in advance. Received on Fri May 25 2007 - 17:02:23 CDT