Re: invoking exp

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 25 May 2007 08:02:10 -0700

On 25 May, 15:46, Ben <bal..._at_comcast.net> wrote:

> 9.2.0.5 EntEd AIX5L
> Is there a way to invoke export from a windows client machine and have
> the .dmp file stored on that client machine? I'm thinking no, but I've
> been wrong many times in the past.

If you have a client install at the same version as the server install, you can call the exp utility if you have it installed locally. Eg:

C:\Temp>exp system@<db_alias> file=test.dmp log=test.log owner=scott

Export: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Fri May 25 16:00:40 2007

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Password:

Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Produc
tion
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set

About to export specified users ...
. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions
. exporting foreign function library names for user SCOTT
. exporting PUBLIC type synonyms
. exporting private type synonyms
. exporting object type definitions for user SCOTT
About to export SCOTT's objects ...
. exporting database links
. exporting sequence numbers
. exporting cluster definitions
. about to export SCOTT's tables via Conventional Path ...
. . exporting table BONUS 0 rows
exported
. . exporting table DEPT 4 rows
exported
. . exporting table EMP 14 rows
exported
. . exporting table SALGRADE 5 rows
exported
. exporting synonyms
. exporting views
. exporting stored procedures
. exporting operators
. exporting referential integrity constraints
. exporting triggers
. exporting indextypes
. exporting bitmap, functional and extensible indexes
. exporting posttables actions
. exporting materialized views
. exporting snapshot logs
. exporting job queues
. exporting refresh groups and children
. exporting dimensions
. exporting post-schema procedural objects and actions
. exporting statistics

Export terminated successfully without warnings.

C:\Temp>

Or is that not what you're asking?

HTH -g Received on Fri May 25 2007 - 10:02:10 CDT