Re: Myth of the database independent applications (Was: Are you using PL/SQL)

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 06:37:13 +0200

On 24 May 2007 15:43:17 -0700, zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>I have worked so many projects using such architecture and performance
>has never been an issue. For many software vendors it is more
>important to be able to support many databases without writing lot of
>database specific code than reducing performance times by taking
>advantage every proprietery feature of a database.

This is just because you don't care and have never looked. Stating performance is being reduced by implementing propietary features is just the same utterly nonsensical drivel you have been posting here over and over again for the last few weeks. Shouldn't you just stop posting this drivel and start learning what performance is about?
I'm right now dealing with an ISV who never tuned any of their statements. They probably don't even know the difference between CBO and RBO, and they are implicitly using both. Those are people like you who don't care about database performance, because they treat the database like a trash can. People who state database performance is irrelevant just show their complete incompetency.
You just don't know what you are talking about.

--

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA