RMAN DUPLICATE DATABASE

From: chris b <chris.brown_at_providenthims.co.uk>
Date: 24 May 2007 08:16:33 -0700

I am trying to work towards duplicating a database ( production ) & loading into a standby / both oracle 10.2.0.3 enterprise

The documentation suggests

  1. starting standy database is nomount mode
  2. connecting to production target via rman
  3. connecting to catalog via rman
  4. connecting to standby using

RMAN> CONNECT AUXILIARY SYS/STANDBY_at_STANDBY; RMAN-00571:

RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS

RMAN-00571:

RMAN-04006: error from auxiliary database: ORA-12528: TNS:listener: all appropri
ate instances are blocking new connections

RMAN> Any ideas/suggestions , should I be in nomount mode before trying to duplicate a database?? I seem to be in catch22 in that I can't connect to the database that I need to re-populate by duplication Received on Thu May 24 2007 - 10:16:33 CDT