Re: Do you use PL/SQL

From: <hasta_l3_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 May 2007 22:52:52 -0700

On 24 mai, 01:53, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> zigzag..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> > In practice,you cannot make your application as database independent
> > by writing lots of stored procedures inPL/SQL. That's the reason
> > people avoid PL/SQL because it is a proprietary Language of Oracle.
>
> Sorry but that's nonsense.You can doit and the better companies with
> the better products do doit.

Daniel, I have to say with Zizag that having to maintain synchronized a sizeable code base of stored procedures in three or four dialects is for me a *very* frightening perspective.

I suspect that only few companies - with lots of resources and very strong processes - will go that route

Would you have examples of actual products that achieve database independance with SPs ?

Have a nice day (sunny over here, yepee :-)