Re: administrative rights to Windows Server

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 23 May 2007 19:20:04 -0700

On May 23, 2:16 pm, Anthony <akkha1..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I did go through the windows installation and platform guide briefly.
> It mostly covers the initial installation and configuration part and
> did not mention about daily operation. We already setup ORA_DBA group
> for example.
>
> Just to throw in a few ideas, when we were revoked system admin, we
> can no longer get to scheduled tasks, we can not get to the oracle
> database files and oracle dump files. A vbs script which extracts
> event log breaks down etc.
> Things like this we deal with on a daily basis. I hope some suggestion
> from real life experience.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/windows2000/win2khg/default.mspx Take a look at local or domain security policies. Also, your atomic file permissions are settable on many levels. You have to grant access rights to the event logs and and scheduler.

Another good link with answers:
http://www.petefinnigan.com/orasec.htm

http://x220.minasi.com/forum/
If it's windows, ask minasi. Received on Wed May 23 2007 - 21:20:04 CDT