Re: Do you use PL/SQL

From: Volker Hetzer <firstname.lastname_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 17:35:06 +0200

www.douglassdavis.com schrieb:
> so i take it that you are not really a fan of "middleware" written in
> some other language that provides an interface that applications can
> use (via CORBA or something) and talks to the database via SQL.
Translating interfaces is about the only reason for middleware for me. Which today means, if they can't talk odbc, ADO.NET or somesuch, I provide a very thin REST based http interface. Everything else just adds complications.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.