Re: problem with isqlplus

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 23 May 2007 05:26:16 -0700

On May 23, 6:01 am, "shob..._at_gmail.com" <comlear..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> i am using oracle 10g R2 (vista release) on windows vista home basic
> machine when i try to start isqlplus i get this error.
>
> CNTService::Install,Failed call to open SCM,Error:5,Access is denied.
> after clicking OK on this window i get
> Failed to start the service,Error:0, the operation completed
> successfully.
> can any body here please tell me how to solve this error.

I am not big on running oracle on windows but I would guess that the "Access is denied" message is a clue.

Doesn't vista have some kind of convoluted methodology where people running it have to keep telling the operating system yes it's ok to proceed? ( Dunno but maybe you can turn off that part of vista ? ).

Did you follow the steps exactly in the installation documentation? Received on Wed May 23 2007 - 07:26:16 CDT