Re: PLS-00307 Too many declarations of ...

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 May 2007 22:31:20 -0700

On May 22, 10:36 pm, "Vladimir M. Zakharychev" <vladimir.zakharyc..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 22, 2:04 pm, "Vojta" <r..._at_centrum.cz> wrote:
>

> > Please, can you advise? I declared function in package:
>
> > FUNCTION CheckManufacturersDict RETURN BOOLEAN IS
> > result BOOLEAN DEFAULT TRUE;
> > BEGIN
> > /*
> > Calculate result value based on some table values
> > */
> > RETURN result;
> > END CheckManufacturersDict;
>
> > PROCEDURE DoSomething IS
> > BEGIN
> > IF CheckManufacturersDict THEN -- I get error PLS-00307 here
> > -- Do osmething
> > END IF;
> > END DoSomething;
>
> > If i try to compile it I get error "PLS-00307 Too many declarations of
> > CheckManufacturersDict match this call" on line IF...
>
> > But if I change function result to VARCHAR2 instead of BOOLEAN it is
> > compiled without any errors:
>
> > FUNCTION CheckManufacturersDict RETURN VARCHAR2 IS
> > result VARCHAR2(1) DEFAULT 'Y';
> > BEGIN
> > /*
> > Calculate result value based on some table values
> > */
> > RETURN result;
> > END CheckManufacturersDict;
>
> > PROCEDURE DoSomething IS
> > BEGIN
> > IF CheckManufacturersDict = 'N' THEN
> > -- Do osmething
> > END IF;
> > END DoSomething;
>
> > How can I make it working with BOOLEAN return type please?
>
> > Thank you!
>
> Check the package for another copy of the function with the same
> footprint (that is, the same name, the same return type, and probably
> some default parameters.)
>
> Regards,
> Vladimir M. Zakharychev
> N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)
> http://www.dynamicpsp.com

Sorry for posting the same message 3 times in a row - there was a glitch in Google Groups' web interface. It was saying that there was an error and the post didn't get through, so I retried a couple more times... :)

Regards,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Wed May 23 2007 - 00:31:20 CDT