Re: Migrating to Oracle on Windows

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 03:22:50 GMT

On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:11:09 -0700, joel garry wrote:

> I got an unsolicited PDP job email yesterday

PDP? Like PDP-11, RSX, KED and alike? Somebody is still using that? It looks like the old computers never die. They live forever in our nightmares. Don't get me wrong, I spent significant part of my career being a VAX/VMS system administrator and, as a student, I was using FORTRAN and PASCAL compilers on PDP-11. We had some fun with the DEFINE FILE command and old RZ drives but I am now 46 years old, quarter of a century after the last use of an RSX box that I can remember. Anyone who has kept these boxes in a corporate IT after all these years deserves to be shot, regardless of my nostalgia and Peter Pan complex.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com