Re: change default value from function

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 May 2007 02:03:20 -0700

On May 22, 10:04 am, "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle...._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> how to fix return value length on function level.
> Raw default value which returns is 2000, but I want to return 32000
> bytes through function.
>
> create or replace function hhh
> return raw
> is
> begin
> r raw(32000);

> return r;
> end;
> /
>
> here I get the error is raw returns more than 2000 bytes, but it can
> accept in r.
>
> oracle ver : 9.2.0.8

Post what you do and the error you're receiving. You can return more than 4000 bytes from functions, but only when you call them from PL/ SQL and into appropriately sized PL/SQL variables, because in SQL length of RAW is limited to 4000 bytes.

Regards,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Tue May 22 2007 - 04:03:20 CDT