Temp-Contention

From: io <io_at_patvin.de>
Date: 22 May 2007 01:12:40 -0700

Hi,
we are running a load job with a parallel degree of 8 on a machine with 4 processors each with two cores. Running statspack I've found out, that we see average read time of 775.1ms whereas the average write time is 3 ms on our temp tablespace. Doing roundabout 70,000 reads this seems to slow down the load process heavily. Looking at the tablespace, that consists from 20 files I can see, that the read activities are located on certain files...

Anyone any ideas how to further investigate or to solve this?

Best regards,
Ingo Received on Tue May 22 2007 - 03:12:40 CDT