preparing for first upgrade as dba

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 21 May 2007 10:56:23 -0700

currently running 9.2.0.5 Ent Ed on AIX 5.2 We are gearing up for upgrading to 10gR2 (10.2.0.1) and this will be the first major release upgrade that I've had to perform. I am studying the general upgrade manuals, release notes, metalink notes for os versions, etc. I've gotten opinions on training and consulting for assistance and I'm fairly certain we are going to bring in a consulting firm for help.
In reading the various documentation it says to patch the freshly installed 10.2.0.1 to the latest patches and critical updates. I'm curious though (I've looked in meta link and can't find this spelled out anywhere), If I apply the patch to 10.2.0.3 does that include 10.2.0.2 as well? Also, what about the critical patch updates for security and such. If I apply the latest the CPU, would that be equivilant to applying the patch to get to 10.2.0.3? Received on Mon May 21 2007 - 12:56:23 CDT