Re: Creating standby database: Why need to copy backup pieces to standby site manually?

From: Ronny <nitelyjoy_at_ist-einmalig.de>
Date: 21 May 2007 01:34:55 -0700

David,

I just was wondering about Sybrand's statement "If you are backing up to disk, why set up a standby database?" At this point, there was no mention of licence costs or money. IMHO, I assumed that a Senior DBA knows about the advantages of a standby database in comparison with a conventional tape backup. Nothing more and nothing less.

>From my point of view, we can stop discussing/arguing here, because it
adds no more useful information to my original question (thread subject).

Regards,
Ronny Received on Mon May 21 2007 - 03:34:55 CDT