Re: Do you use PL/SQL

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 15:18:33 -0700

sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On 20 May 2007 10:46:52 -0700, zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>

>> I found the technical term - it is called CLR (Common Language
>> RunTime). You can call it "popycock" or whatever
>> you wish. I know some university professors there  tendnecy to bash
>> Micrsooft.

> And rightly so. Microsoft never invented anything,

Sure they did.

First they invented set theory.
Then Melinda Gates gave birth to two sons: Chris and Edgar. Then they invented relational algebra.
Then they invented the concept of data normalization. Then they invented SQL.
Then they invented Ingres.

   From which they invented Sybase.
     Which they renamed to SQL Server.

You really should take a history class sometime. <g>

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington