Re: Do you use PL/SQL

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 15:10:17 -0700

zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> On May 20, 1:21 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

>> zigzag..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
>>> .NET is a frameowork which is implemented in C >>> Sharp, Visual Basic and other programming lanagues of MS. If you are >>> in MS shop, you will know why it is developed. I forget the >>> technical term but .NET class of programming lanaguages introduced a >>> revolutionary concept where code written in all these lanaguages can >>> be ::linked" together.

>> When you get past the Microsoft marketing message to the reality you
>> will be far better off. The technical term you are searching for is
>> "poppycock."
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> University of Washington
>> damor..._at_x.washington.edu
>> (replace x with u to respond)
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org
>
> I found the technical term - it is called CLR (Common Language
> RunTime). You can call it "popycock" or whatever
> you wish. I know some university professors there  tendnecy to bash
> Micrsooft.

Bash Microsoft? Au Contraire. I was bashing anyone that thinks turning database ignorant people, whether writing in .NET, C, C++, C#, VB, Perl, or PHP loose inside a database.

Microsoft just makes it easier for the clueless to do damage in the same way a handgun makes it easier to kill people than a rock.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington