Re: Do you use PL/SQL

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 May 2007 07:25:47 -0700

On May 20, 10:05 am, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> You are claiming there is no performance loss - that is nonsense.

 It is like using Assembly Language vs C/C++. I am sure Assembly laguage you can gain some
peformance advanatge. but how many people still write Assembly. When one develops software, there are so many aspects to performance and so many places performance can be tuned. If only reason, one wants to use PL/SQL is because of performance advntages, one is on wrong path.

 When I started my career many years ago, I used to write lot of PRO*C/C code. Now, most of my database centric code I write in PL/ SQL, at the same time I have leant Java and use Java (JDBC for database part). I try not to become a fan of one language. That closes door for taking advatages of better features provvided by other languages. Received on Sun May 20 2007 - 09:25:47 CDT