Re: is parallel hint kill the Server?

From: Havel Zhang <havel.zhang_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 May 2007 23:48:51 -0700

On 5月19日, 上午6时29分, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On May 18, 1:30 am, Havel Zhang <havel.zh..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hi all:
>
> > My oracle / OS version is 64bit Oracle 10g 10.2.0.2 and 64bit
> > windows 2003 server with 8 CPUs. I had migrated my 9i to 10g, and i
> > noticed that the query i specified hint /*+parallel(a)*/ will cause
> > the Oracle use all 8 CPUs then the Server will down suddenly.
> > When I specified /*+parallel(a,4)*/ then problem solved. And 9i
> > haven't this problem.
>
> > Any one come cross the same problem?
>
> > Thank u in advanced.
>
> > Havel
>
> If you don't know how to proceed with deciding when to use parallel
> query and when not to use it ... avoid it entirely.
>
> Many people running oracle on systems with 8 cpu's actually do some
> research to look at what might make sense for their systems.

hi all:

      sorry for you two:( I found problem, it's my fault :'-(
     i found parallel_max_server have been set 235!! (i wondering who
set it), and i set it to 4, the problem solved.
     because when u specified parallel hint without any integer
followed, system will using init param.

thanks for all.

havel Received on Sun May 20 2007 - 01:48:51 CDT