Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager Question

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 23:45:31 -0500

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1179623863.132964_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com...
> Dereck L. Dietz wrote:
> > I have a question to hopefully clarify something for me.
> >
> > The offsite DBA has told us that our database is on a server wish "racks
of
> > drives" and mentioned a number of about 20 drives at one time.
> >
> > Yet, when I look on Enterprise Manager all I can find is 5 drives listed
> > (C,D,E,F,G).
> >
> > We are not using ASM.
> >
> > Would Oracle Enterprise Manager group disks into a single entity or does
it
> > show what is actually there?
> > Or could there be another explanation?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Physical drives, from your standpoint, are irrelevant. You are looking
> at logical volumes.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> www.psoug.org

Thanks for the clarification.

That brings up another question. If our system is constantly experiencing I/O throughput problems on drive (or volume) G: and the disk utilization for same drive/volume has been near or at 100% for the past week would that indicate that the volume needs to be split into more volumes or the database files spread across more disks than they aready are? Received on Sat May 19 2007 - 23:45:31 CDT