Re: sga_max_size problem (Warning in alert log)

From: Valentin Minzatu <valentinminzatu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 May 2007 07:31:07 -0700

On May 16, 7:50 am, Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME...._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2007 04:03:06 -0700, Valentin Minzatu wrote:
> > I would have preferred to have my bad advice(s) corrected in relation to
> > the problem instead of personal attack, but maybe I need to review my
> > principles as well.
>
> Your "advice" was that there was not enough memory to allocate 4G SGA.
> Unix, and therefore Solaris, is a 64bit virtual memory system that can
> maintain huge address space with relatively small physical memory. Nuff
> said about that "advice".
> Also, you were rambling about "copying" when I replied to Ronny with
> a statement that standby database must be mounted.
>
> --http://www.mladen-gogala.com

There is no need for sarcasm, Mladen. The technical argumentation can be compelling enough without it.

Although I never wrote *physical* memory, overall you are right: lock_sga has most probably no relevance hence the reason for questioning instead of affirmation.

As for the standby rambling - see Joel's reply to the thread - it synthesizes what I had in mind.

I have no inclination to continue this discussion: maliciousness turns me off and as long as you keep being personal I will not reply to anything you may say. Received on Thu May 17 2007 - 09:31:07 CDT