Re: database password

From: MTNorman <mtnorman_at_duke-energy.com>
Date: 17 May 2007 06:49:30 -0700

On May 16, 11:31 am, me <ma8..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i have hundereds of scripts with 'sqlplus user/pass_at_database' and i
> need to find a way to prevent online users seeing the password ( ps -
> ef | grep sqlplus ).
>
> changing scripts is not possible and all scripts run in a scheduler
> with secure Unix user.
>
> i am tempted to create an alias for sqlplus but i would like to hear
> about alternatives.
>
> thanks
> Michael

After making sure remote os authentication is disabled, create an externally authenticated userid. This will allow the database to accept an operating account authentication for the database authentication. Scripts run on the database server can connect with "sqlplus /" or "connect /" using external authentication. Received on Thu May 17 2007 - 08:49:30 CDT