force oracle to use tcp connections

From: Richard <richard_p_franklin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 May 2007 18:54:47 -0700

hello,

sorry if this is a simple question, but is there a way to force the oracle listener to only use TCP and *never* use IPC connections?

I have been working with 9i & 10g and it seems that the listener.ora file parameters are not effective - I thought that perhaps by taking out all references to PROTOCOL=IPC from my listener config, I could force local connections (sqlplus) to use TCP, but the connections can still fall back to IPC. is that the way it's supposed to work?

Is there a way to force all local connections to always be TCP?

thx!
richard Received on Wed May 16 2007 - 20:54:47 CDT