Scuba by Imperva - Free Database Security Assessment Utility.

From: <s....._at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 May 2007 17:44:18 -0700

Scuba by Imperva Database Vulnerability Scanner is a FREE, lightweight Java utility that safely scans Oracle, DB2, MS-SQL, and Sybase databases for known vulnerabilities and configuration flaws. Scuba by Imperva finds hundreds of flaws like unpatched software, unsafe processes and vulnerable stored procedures: the high risk vulnerabilities that expose your databases to attack.

Based on its assessment results, Scuba by Imperva creates clear, informative reports with detailed test descriptions. Summary reports, available in HTML format, illustrate overall risk level. With Scuba by Imperva, you are quickly on your way to meeting industry-leading best practices for database configuration, security and management.

Scuba by Imperva has been developed by the Application Defense Center (ADC), one of the most authoritative groups in the Database Security space. While comparable products cost anywhere from a few hundred to several thousand dollars, Scuba by Imperva is fully functional and COMPLETELY FREE. You can download Scuba by Imperva from http://www.imperva.com/go/scubaugl

Hopefully, a majority of this group is interested in the security of their crown jewels. If you are not then you should be! making the content of my posting very relevant to anyone charged with managing databases. Scuba by Imperva has been downloaded over 2500 times by security-conscious individuals like those on this forum.

If, despite this someone is still offended by my "spam", then I humbly apologize - however I hope (and expect) that group to be far smaller than those who draw insight and value from Scuba. Received on Wed May 16 2007 - 19:44:18 CDT