Re: Performance Problems

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 16 May 2007 07:35:16 -0700

On May 16, 7:55 am, Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME...._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2007 02:35:04 -0700, mjmather wrote:
> > Anyone have suggestions, comments or considerations?
>
> Cluster the tables.
>
> --http://www.mladen-gogala.com

I would suggest altering the audit table to add a columns where I would use a trigger to format the two columns into a single CaseRef as found in the Package table. Then build an index on this column if your query drives from Package into Audit. If you are going from Audit into package then the index is not necessary unless you want to ensure that coming from the other direction is enabled.

When both tables have the same join columns in common then clustering on these two columns may be an option as Mladen mentioned. Because the Package table is part of a vendor application you will need to carefully consider how these tables are normally accessed.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed May 16 2007 - 09:35:16 CDT