Re: sqlplus and excel - beginners question!

From: ton de w <ton_de_winter_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 15 May 2007 13:07:36 -0700

On 5 May, 07:33, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On 3 May 2007 13:43:20 -0700, ton de w <ton_de_win..._at_yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> >Good suggestion - would avoid any involvement with visual basic ;-) -
> >but no isqlplus with 9i
>
> Sorry to say so, but this is simply not true.
> It already existed in 8.1.7.4
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Truth is kewl! No need to apologise ;-)
 I realise now that, for isqlplus you need httpd running, which is not gonna happen in the current environment. I got things working with odbc and excel - great for the moment - however I am hankering after the toad kissing Oracle developer, I have toad V7 available only.
I have downloaded some 70MB of docs to figure it out. It seems you need a repository - not quite sure where it has to be created.
No chance of adding anything to the target server Solaris 9 with 9i. Do I need a local install of, say, 10G on the MS box where the Developer stuff would be - it has lotsa grunt: CPU and RAM. 2 questions really how to get the Developer installed in overview and what would the licensing implications be? Expensive perhaps?

Thanks again for your help!

Ton Received on Tue May 15 2007 - 15:07:36 CDT