Re: RAC: single versio of CSS

From: bohana <bohana_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 May 2007 04:14:26 -0700

Hi Jagjeet,

  If I understand it right, you've no shared storage in place for your RAC install?

  This will be required Im afraid. The only supported option for NFS is to use a NAS attached device, but even then with specific platform/ vendor certifications.

  If you want to have a test system you can play with, you could consider installing RAC over 2 virtual servers on the same phisical server, using VMWare. This will let you create a "virtual" shared storage device that can be seen from both VMs.

  http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/obe10gdb_vmware/index.html

  Hope that helps,
  Bruno.