Oracle 9i RAC on MS-Windows

From: Bruce <brucemcgill.nyc_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 May 2007 21:56:50 -0700

Hello All,

    I need to configure Oracle 9i RAC on MS-Windows 2000. I will be using Oracle Clustered File System for datafiles. I just need to know if the srvcfg and spfile file will reside on raw partition or on clustered file system. The Oracle documentation - Oracle9 i Real Application Clusters - Setup and Configuration Part No. A96600-02 states that:

"On Windows NT and Windows 2000, configure a Cluster Manager (CM) voting disk/SRVM Configuration Disk. Label this raw partition as srvcfg by creating an Object Link Manager (OLM) symbolic link to a raw partition that is at least
100MB in size."

 The above scenario will apply if I configure datafiles on RAW partitions. But I will be using OCFS for datafiles. So please reply if I can use OCFS for srvcfg and spfile files or should I configure raw partitions to hold the same.

Regards,
Bruce Received on Sun May 13 2007 - 23:56:50 CDT