Re: How can I tell if RAC is running?

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM-ME_at_not-at-verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:19:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 11 May 2007 07:58:39 -0700, Valentin Minzatu wrote:

> The installer will install the software only the nodes you choose to. If
> the nodes show up in the installer chances are the CRS suite is running
> fine, but to be sure follow Mladen's indication or search on Metalink as
> there is a script for displaying crs_stat's results in a better visual
> mode - for 10gR1. In 10g R2, I think there is a new utility - can't
> recall the exact name, but it is something like crs_stat2 or along those
> lines.

It's called "crs_stat". Looks like this:

[oracle_at_oracle8 ~]$ $ORA_CRS_HOME/bin/crs_stat -l NAME=ora.news.NEWS1.inst
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on oracle8

NAME=ora.news.NEWS2.inst
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on oracle9

NAME=ora.news.db
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on oracle8

NAME=ora.oracle8.ASM1.asm
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on oracle8

NAME=ora.oracle8.LISTENER_ORACLE8.lsnr
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on oracle8

NAME=ora.oracle8.gsd
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on oracle8

NAME=ora.oracle8.ons
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on oracle8

NAME=ora.oracle8.vip
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on oracle8

NAME=ora.oracle9.ASM2.asm
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on oracle9

NAME=ora.oracle9.LISTENER_ORACLE9.lsnr
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on oracle9

NAME=ora.oracle9.gsd
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on oracle9

NAME=ora.oracle9.ons
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on oracle9

NAME=ora.oracle9.vip
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on oracle9

Very simple thing would be to use $ORA_CRS_HOME/bin/olsnodes but it doesn't give you the full information.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com