Oracle SID creation error

From: jIM <noreplysoccer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 May 2007 09:00:47 -0700

I am using some templates to create an oracle SID and schema using the windows DB config assistant. I have done similar things before... but am having problems right now.

The error is "insufficient privlidges" (TNS error 01031).

First time I was not logged in as Oracle trusted OS user. I reset the admin password (for Oracle trusted user), created a new SID to create new schema, and the same error came up.

I have a DBA which worked me through similar issue before, he is unavailable right now.

I have admin access to my machine
The Oracle trusted user is a local account on same machine which I can get access to.

When doing this, the configuration fails at around the 90% mark... meaning something might be up with the templates (who needs to own the templates in dbca/templates?). Received on Fri May 11 2007 - 11:00:47 CDT