Re: 10gR2 RAC install... Checking existence of VIP Node application -- failed

From: <J.Flintermann_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 11 May 2007 04:18:10 -0700

On 11 Mai, 13:05, Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudi..._at_yahoo.it> wrote:
> On May 11, 12:48 pm, J.Flinterm..._at_googlemail.com wrote:
>

> > On 11 Mai, 01:00, "ryans..._at_gmail.com" <ryans..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > #
> > > # IP-Address Full-Qualified-Hostname Short-Hostname
> > > #
>
> > > 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
>
> > > # special IPv6 addresses
> > > ::1 localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback
>
> > > fe00::0 ipv6-localnet
>
> > > ff00::0 ipv6-mcastprefix
> > > ff02::1 ipv6-allnodes
> > > ff02::2 ipv6-allrouters
> > > ff02::3 ipv6-allhosts
> > > 10.1.1.5 mceclnx1.int.domain.com mceclnx1
> > > 10.1.1.6 mceclnx2.int.domain.com mceclnx2
> > > 10.1.10.1 mceclnx1-priv.int.domain.com mceclnx1-priv
> > > 10.1.10.2 mceclnx2-priv.int.domain.com mceclnx2-priv
> > > 10.1.1.15 mceclnx1-vip.int.domain.com mceclnx1-vip
> > > 10.1.1.16 mceclnx2-vip.int.domain.com mceclnx2-vip
> > > 10.1.1.20 mcecluster.int.domain.com mcecluster
>
> > Hi!...
>
> > I've got the same Problem @ the moment!...
> > the only thing is, that I'm trying to work with SLES 10 /(Yes I know
> > officially it is not supported by Oracle, but I fixed every
> > differences an we want to work with this distrib.
>
> > so ok I will try to fix the thing like u, but what is about the
> > missing packages?!... i didnt find them anywhere?!...
> > what can u tell me about that?...
>
> > it seems like u fixed this problme too.
>
> > it would be nice if u can give me an answer as fast as possible until
> > mondy this project should work!...
>
> > thank u
>
> > Julian
>
> Oracle 10gR2 is certified on SLES 10
>
> bye
> Cristian Cudizio
>
> http://oracledb.wordpress.comhttp://cristiancudizio.wordpress.com- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Hey...

yes!... it is since some days I think.
some days ago we talk to an oracle pre sales manager and he told us that is us not supoorted until now.
So we tried to fix the "proiblem" and told 10R2 to believe it runs on a SLES 9

but my problem is still the same, when I run the cluvfy it tolds me that the VIP connection is not reachable... like in this thread in a msg above of ryansinn.
also the sam problme the missing packeges compat-db
compat-gccc
and so on...

I tried to find these packeges for SLES or Linux x86 but didnt find anything typical for SLES . Just found some p. for RHEL and so on. I treid to install them in hopeness to fix the problme with these ones. but my yast told me that they are not supoorted or something in this way.

It sounds a little bit unlogical to me, cause if SLES 10 is cetified, but clusterware requires some packeges whcih are not available, the certification is not 100 %.
Know what I mean?

or can u tell me where I'll find these packeges whcih work on SLES 10 to configure opur RAC

thanks

Julian Received on Fri May 11 2007 - 06:18:10 CDT