Re: solaris 10 + 10gr2 +10.2.0.3p NOT a success story

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 10 May 2007 13:20:12 -0700

On May 10, 12:35 am, "p..._at_qnr.com.gr" <petros.mi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you all for your replies ( even the most pessimistic ones :) )
>
> Concerning the Solaris 10 containers hint you gave me, since my
> personal expertise on Solaris is rather minimal, how can I verify that
> CRS or the RDBMS are running in "container" mode and not globally? Or
> that the NICs are configured as virtual ones?
>
> We will be submitting a SR to Oracle in any case.
>
> Thank you again
>
> Petros

search the metalink knowledgebase for the words: solaris containers

The first thing on the resulting list should be Note:317257.1 which explains what you might see with the various options. I would wonder why you or your sysadmin doesn't know these things on a recently installed system? Which installation instructions did you follow?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Fat geek walks off with $487M http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070509/news_1b9ruling.html