Crystal Reports - Oracle Issue

From: <s_valmont_at_telus.net>
Date: 10 May 2007 12:54:55 -0700

Guys, just wondering what your input would be on this.

I have Crystal 9 reports which connect to an Oracle 9i database. They do this through the ODBC driver provided by Oracle (9.2.0.7.0). The problem occurs when I generate multiple reports. The first two reports always work, but the third one always results in a Crystal object in my code throwing an "incorrect logon parameters" exception.

To me this feels a lot like the DB connections that are being opened aren't closed until my entire app is shut down. Is it normal for an Oracle DB to allow two connections from the same IP, but then reject a third attempt? Perhaps because it exceeds a threshold of two set by some administrator?

Thanks. Received on Thu May 10 2007 - 14:54:55 CDT