ORA-28575: unable to open RPC connection to external procedure

From: <auuq42_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Date: 10 May 2007 02:27:27 -0700

Hi there,

I know that this question has been posted a lot, but I've tried all of the various options for resolving the problem and none have worked. I have the following setup in the TNSNames:

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)

)
)

and this in listener.ora:

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
)
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ltbdbs01)(PORT = 1521))

)
)
)

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = D:\oracle\ora920)
(ENVS="EXTPROC_DLLS=ANY")
(PROGRAM = extproc)

)
(SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = LON_TFLP.WORLD)
(ORACLE_HOME = D:\oracle\ora920)
(SID_NAME = LON_TFLP)

)
)

I restarted the listener service, and then I've created the library as:

create or replace library rwnet as 'D:\Oracle\ora920\lib\RWnet.dll'

built the extproc procedure as:

CREATE PACKAGE RWNet_Package AS
PROCEDURE Init (password IN char);
END RWNet_Package;
/

CREATE PACKAGE BODY RWNet_Package AS
PROCEDURE Init (password IN char) AS
LANGUAGE C
LIBRARY RWNet
NAME "Init"
PARAMETERS (password string);
END RWNet_Package;
/

and created the final call package invoking the init procedure as:

CREATE PACKAGE PTAI_RWNET AS
Procedure Initialise (v_Password IN VARCHAR); END PTAI_RWNET;
/

and

CREATE PACKAGE BODY PTAI_RWNET AS
Procedure Initialise (v_Password IN VARCHAR) AS intReturn NUMBER;
Begin
RWNET_Package.Init(v_Password);
End Initialise;
END PTAI_RWNET;
/

After all this, I still get the RPC error when I try to run the Initialise procedure, can anyone let me know where I might be going wrong? Is it worth rebooting the server (as I've heard works) or is that just a waste of time?

Cheers and TIA

Dan Received on Thu May 10 2007 - 04:27:27 CDT