Parameter to influence Oracle's Idea of IO Cost?

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 12:48:12 +0200

Hi,

this is on 10.2.0.1.0. I think I remember that there is a parameter that will affect how Oracle costs IO but can't seem to find it (searched DB Reference, Performance Tuning Guide, PL/SQL Package Reference, Web).   Does my memory fail me?

Do you know other ways to influence how Oracle costs single block reads vs. multi block reads (apart from DB_FILE_MULTIBLOCK_READ_COUNT and hinting that is)? Thank you!

Kind regards

        robert Received on Wed May 09 2007 - 05:48:12 CDT