Re: Troubleshooting Replication

From: Valentin Minzatu <valentinminzatu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 May 2007 13:47:51 -0700

On May 7, 11:46 am, siva.thirumai..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> On May 5, 12:59 am, Valentin Minzatu <valentinminz..._at_yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On May 4, 11:48 am, siva.thirumai..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I am facing issues with the MultiMaster Replication implemented on the
> > > Oracle 8i Databases. I am getting the following error while
> > > reexecuting the errors generated by the deferred transactions through
> > > OEM. Please let me know if there is any alternate way to handle the
> > > errors occured during the execution of the deferred transactions which
> > > are executed automatically.
>
> > > Statement:-------------------------------
> > > Begin
> > > DBMS_DEFER_SYS.EXECUTE_ERROR(...
> > > ...);
> > > End
>
> > > Stack Trace:-----------------------------
>
> > > ORA-01403: no data found
> > > ORA-01403: no data found
> > > ORA-06512: at"SYS.DBMS_DEFER_SYS_PART1", line 430
> > > ORA-06512: at"SYS.DBMS_DEFER_SYS", line 1632
> > > ORA-06512: at"SYS.DBMS_DEFER_SYS", line 1678
> > > ORA-06512: at line 2
>
> > > Please let me know if there is any other method to resolve this issue
> > > in lesser time.
>
> > > Thanks in advance!!!
>
> > Take a look at the DBMS_RECTIFIER_DIFF package (Replication Management
> > API Reference doc). It has two procedures which would help you solve
> > the issue.
> > Valentin- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Valentin,
>
> Thanks a lot for your guidance!!!
>
> However, I would like to confirm one thing with you. Since the
> replication is MULTIMASTER and the replicated schema is updated in
> each and every site independently. Hence, will this solution be
> applicable for the MULTIMASTER Replication as I have to update the
> latest data.
>
> Thanks in advance- Hide quoted text -

The purpose for the package is exactly to identify and resolve the data inconsistencies. You can test in two ways (I would recommend doing it in sequence: 1, then 2):
1. test on a test system (fix all at once) 2. test in production with few diffs (you can manipulate the records in the DIFFS table - remove all but few records that you can follow all the way to the replication schema)

You can also write an SP to do the work for you and most importantly check after each change is applied to make sure all sites are in sync.

Depending on your replication schema and the amount of diffs this may be a laborious excercise. Good luck!
Valentin Received on Tue May 08 2007 - 15:47:51 CDT