Question about Oracle Ebusiness 11i Options - different question.

From: onedbguru <onedbguru_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 May 2007 08:27:44 -0700

Is there a better forum to discuss E-Business Suite issues?

"The recommendation is that we do a fresh install of the core application software along with all patches. We will clone the database from the GOLD instance."

My understanding is that once you have a gold standard for the environment, it is then used to "clone" any new environment on a new server. We have been told - by an Oracle "DBA" the above statement. Wouldn't doing a "fresh install from CD" present opportunities for something to go wrong?

onedbguru. Received on Tue May 08 2007 - 10:27:44 CDT