Re: The Oracle 10g on Linux Glibc Problem

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 03:59:12 -0400

On 30 Apr 2007 06:51:29 -0700, Jack <jrscrns_at_comcast.net> wrote:

>I just installed Oracle 10.2.0 (64bit) on RHEL 4 WS (64 bit). The
>installation completed, but there were linking errors (njni10, etc) on
>some of the tools (NetCA, DBCA and iSQL*Plus, etc). After searching
>the Oracle Knowledge base, the problem seems to center on the glibc
>library. The Knownledge base solution was to install an older version
>of the 32 bit glibc library and relink everything. After seaching this
>group's past posting, I get the definite impression that this solution
>does not work. Also, some people who did create 32 bit library
>complained that Linux was broken by doing so.
>
>My questions are as follows:
>
>1. Why does Oracle state that 10g is certified for RHEL 4 when it
>really isn't for the 64bit version? Or is the certification is only
>for the 32 bit release of RHEL 4?
>
>2. What is the correct solution to fix this problem, one that doesn't
>cause Linux to be broken and one that results in a clean linking of
>Oracle?
>
>3. Finally, why doesn't Oracle provide a 64 bit library for the
>linking?

We run 64bit Oracle on 64bit Linux on at least a dozen machines. You're doing something wrong.

On google.com, type "oracle linux install", and hit, "I am feeling lucky", perhaps the luck will come.
We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3 and Solaris 10 (Sparc) remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue May 08 2007 - 02:59:12 CDT