Oracle Batch Update Problem ..

From: <rahul.vakil_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 May 2007 21:18:53 -0700

Hi,

I have a table with primary key composed of 5 columns and each of these column's data type is Number. I have around 2 million records already existing in the table. I am using oracle batch update facility to update the records in batch. A batch has 4K unique records. In case the batch update returns less number of records at its return update count, I perform batch insert for all 4K records. Surprisingly, the update is taking more 3 to 4 times more then insert.

Now, I am using the above update + insertion logic over multiple 4k chunks and time taken for update + insert over all chunks is not same; it varies for each batch.

Can any one help me with the above problem?

Thanks and With Regards,

-Rahul Vakil Received on Mon May 07 2007 - 23:18:53 CDT